Saturday 11 May 2013

Letters!


Possibly my favorite things in the whole world are giving and receiving letters. This is just a small collection of some of the letters that I have been the happy recipient of. It's a shame, I think, that it's done less and less now, the sending of personal letters.

I know it seems silly to send letters to people you see everyday and if you're not a jet setting type of person how are you to meet people from far off lands to mail things to? I started writing letters when my friends went off to university. Some of them went miles away. And it was lovely to wake up in the morning and see a letter from them sitting at the door.

There is just something about a hand written letter that technology will never beat. It's laborious and beautiful. As creepy as this may sound, I get a little piece of paper, that someone who loves me has worked over and thought about. Bought special stationary, maybe they've spritzed some perfume or included some kind of surprise for me, jewelry, stickers etc. It's a big hug in an envelope, and it's incomparable to an email. 

A site that I found useful:


Which, as well as having a pretty spectacular range of stationary, has penpal want ads from around the world. So get writing everyone,
with love x

No comments:

Post a Comment