Tuesday 7 May 2013

Hoolets !!

Today, as a surprise, Chris took me to the Polkemmet Country Park Owl centre! 


We dropped in just in time to see the bird display, we got to meet an adorable Tawny owl, a very large Great Grey Owl and a tiny fluff ball of an Eurasian Eagle Owlet. Not including all of the owls we got to see in their habitats.
  


But my favourite had to be this fella. A Brown Wood Owl. Look at those big black eyes. He was just sitting there all laid back chirping at me and blinking his lids like he was trying to stay awake. What a cutie! He's definitely going to be mine once my Hogwarts letter arrives...



There were also some beautiful chainsaw carvings for sale and this amazing OWL SLIDE. Such a shame I was too big to fit. I completely wanted to buy everything in the gift shop (I am such a sucker for souvenirs) but settled for some pretty new stationary.




The books under the owl said things like Magic and Spells

So that was our adventure today, I'd definitely recommend visiting the centre if you find yourself nearby. I'm busily sketching my favourites, to come soon. What have you been up to?
With Love x



No comments:

Post a Comment